Who are we ?
Sylvie GROSJEAN RASMUSSON, Integrative Health Educator, I propose a humanistic, holistic, personalized and participatory approach to the return to health. I am a musician, practicing and teaching Cupping (using suction cups) with Doug E., my wonderful husband.
Doug E. RASMUSSON. Founder of “Emergency Massage Response International”, I was District Director of the “National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy” for more than 10 years. In 2004, I received the “International Humanitarian Award”. I am an ambassador for “Massage without borders”. In May 2019, I was inducted into the World Massage Hall of Fame as a sign of recognition for my contribution in the field of massage. I am also a musician, living in Provence, teaching and distributing Cupping in France and abroad.
“Sylvie Grosjean-Rasmusson is a doctor and naturopath, Doug E. Rasmusson is a massage therapist and aromatherapist. Together, they decided to create the “Jardin de vies“, a space to take care of the body, heart and mind. Doug is American, he discovered living food – very far from the basic American diet – in contact with Sylvie. He now eats 80% raw, he has seen his health improve significantly. This inspiring couple introduces us to their world, their keys to health and happiness, between healthy eating, massage cupping and integrative medicine… not to mention music, one of Doug’s great passions!”
For me, the experience of fasting began with a questioning:
– would I be able to stand not eating for several days?
– how will my body react to food deprivation?
And this experience, which began as a challenge to be met, proved to be very pleasant:
– you never feel hungry because you drink a lot of herbal teas, broth or vegetable juice,
– you are fit enough to take big walks, at your own pace, in a beautiful countryside,
– we end the day by relaxing in the SPA (whirlpool bath, hammam etc…)
In short, we leave with a body free of its toxins and full of good intentions not to “re-intoxicate” it.
I must add that the place where this fasting takes place and its hosts, who organize it, make it particularly pleasant.
Some news about my practice of suction cups massage since level 2 in May 2018. More and more “customers”, delighted with the benefits. As examples:
– a client with suction massage of the lower limbs for permanently swollen legs and big knees: after the 3rd session, she got up 4 times at night to go to the toilet (which is not her habit, not even after the first 2 sessions, drinking as much) and had lost 1 kg when she got up (she has been weighing herself every morning for years). We continued up to 6 sessions. Her leg pain has largely subsided, she sees the muscles of her thighs that she no longer saw.
– a client with suction cup massage of the lower limbs for legs with circulatory problems (venous return + spots on legs): much more comfort in terms of circulation on return and very reduced spots.
– And now a customer who has tried everything to release tissues that have been attached deep down on the whole right side for years and is finally relieved with suction cups.
The work on my scar was progressing slowly, but when I started using the magnets, the results quickly improved… Magnet + suction cups dramatically reduced the healing time.
Mentally, I am more alert, focused and positive. Physically I was so excited that I wanted to start gardening, cooking, knitting, and all those other activities I had stopped doing a long time ago.
What a good idea to have adapted an old practice to enter the field of massage cupping ? I loved the workshop.